> On Jan 12, 2017, at 7:11 PM, roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Robert Gates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Now that we know some of the specifics numbers - was it worth it? Or will it be worth it?

One hopes.  They didn't exactly bet the farm, but it IS a gamble. I sincerely hope it pays off.

> Considering that K revenue tops 20M, and they can spend >7M on building a lodge, I'm going to guess 1.2 M is not huge if one considers it as a marketing expense.

The difference is that when you spend 7mm on a lodge, you've created an asset that will produce revenue in the future.

Marketing is something of a dark art. And as you know, I'm something of a dark artist.

Good marketing produces invitations to trial and memories. But try quantifying THOSE to the IRS.