Knowing full well that my pickiness will be derided by many, that famous opening should be quoted thusly—quotation marks included:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times ..."

But, back to skiing, good for you for skiing the lock-up. Did they groom everything flat, or are there fields of frozen bumps? Are you planning on braving the "teeming weekend hordes"?

—Matt K.

It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times.
Wednesday the 11th was the best day of the year.  Friday the 13th lived down to its reputation.  It's good practice, though. And I always have fun!
Bring on the teeming weekend hordes!