HI Luke--

Just some generic advice for playing with old systems...

1.  As was mentioned not too long ago, replace anything that has signs
of heat damage, scorch marks, if you can.

2.  Swap out op-amps  (Typically cheap so you'll end up ordering 10+) if
easy

3.  Look for any rechargeable battery/battery pack and replace it--if
present, can serve as a reference voltage.

take care,

gerry