Dear Mayara,

if your masspec have a dual Inlet you may fill one of the bellows with SO2 and run the reference gas from there at least to test the masspec.

Good luck Heike

On 2/3/2017 5:15 PM, Mayara Matos wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear colleagues,

I'm seeking for some help from the ones working with S analysis in EA-IRMS. My reference SO2 peaks started to gradually disappear over time until no signal was observed, which made me think the tank was getting empty. This assumption combined with the low vapor pressure in the SO2 tank (showing a pressure around zero) made us purchase a new tank...

After installing the new SO2 tank, Isodat shows readings of no more than 1 mV for m/z 64 and 3mV for m/z 66. Because of this, an error message always pops up saying: "running script returns a fatal error: peak center failed." I opened our Conflo IV and checked if there was an actual gas flow from the tank to the capillaries coming out of the heated SO2 regulator (Conflo IV) and everything seems okay. Also, when I run a sequence for CNS, everything works fine for C and N but the system cannot make a jump to SO2.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix this problem? I couldn't find this exact issue on the Isogeochem archives.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Regards,

Mayara Matos