From: "Gilmore, Martha" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Subject: Ph.D. opportunity in Planetary Geochemsitry

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for a student with a good Geo and Chem background who might be interested in getting a Ph.D in Chemistry with a Concentration in Planetary Science advised by me (E&ES does not have a Ph.D. Program).  I would like someone this fall, so I will review applications as they come in which I hope would be in the next couple of weeks.  The advertisement is below; would you please circulate to your students or send someone my way?

Thanks and best wishes,  Marty

Ph.D. Opportunity in Martian Geochemistry

Wesleyan University has funding for a student to complete a Ph.D. in the Department of Chemistry with a Concentration in Planetary Science.  The program of study will be tailored to include a relevant geoscience curriculum.  The proposed project is to create a series of Mars analogue brines and precipitate them under terrestrial and martian conditions in a Mars chamber.  Visible – near-infrared spectra of the precipitates will then be compared to similar data collected in Mars orbit.  The research will be under the tutelage of Prof. Gilmore in the Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences.  The opening is available for Fall of 2017.  Please apply to the Chemistry Department at http://www.wesleyan.edu/grad/  Applications will be reviewed as they are received.  More information about Planetary Sciences at Wesleyan may be found http://www.wesleyan.edu/planetary/  Please direct all enquiries to Prof. Martha Gilmore,  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dr. Martha S. Gilmore
George I. Seney Professor of Geology
Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Wesleyan University, 265 Church St., Middletown, CT 06459
(860) 685-3129 phone, (860) 685-3651 fax
www.wesleyan.edu/planetary