We had the transformer in the power supply go out once, but I seem to remember the autosampler didn't even begin to move or do anything. If the triplus is not to be used for a long period, we typically power it down to prolong the life of the electrical components.

Ben

From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Victor Evrard
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ISOGEOCHEM] TriPlus trouble

Thank you Susie and Martin for your help. I've talked to my Thermo tech support and he thinks it's the board.

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 at 17:05 Susan Carter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Indeed, that is correct: it was the XY motor driver board.  After some trial and error, and much remote help from Thermo engineers and Isogeochem colleagues, I was able to diagnose and replace it.  The individual boards are relatively economical.
Many thanks to all who helped with this!

--

Victor