 Dear colleagues,
We are happy to announce 13 open PhD positions in the H2020 EU ITN-ETN project MEMO2: MEthane goes MObile: MEasurements and MOdelling

MEMO2 is a European Training Network Project with more than 20 collaborators from 7 countries. Within the project we will identify and evaluate methane emissions and support mitigation measures by I) developing new and advanced mobile methane measurements tools and networks, II) isotopic source identification, and III) modelling at different scales. MEMO2 will bridge the gap between large-scale scientific estimates from in situ monitoring programs and the ‘bottom-up’ estimates of emissions from local sources that are used in the national reporting.
The project aims to educate a new generation of “cross–thinking” scientists, which are able to effectively implement novel measurement and modelling tools in an interdisciplinary and intersectoral context.
For more information about the projects and the application procedure, please visit the project website: https://memo2.sites.uu.nlThe positions are also advertised here: http://academicpositions.eu/ad/memo2-methane-goes-mobile-mesurements-and-modelling/2017/13-vacant-phd-positions-within-european-itn-project-memo2/97524
Within MEMO2, we are offering the following 13 PhD positions in 7 countries:Germany:Monitoring the CH4 emissions from different source in Germany (University of Heidelberg, Dr. M. Schmidt)The Netherlands:Quantifying CH4 emissions using measurements on cars and UAVs in the Netherlands (University of Groningen, Dr. H. Chen and Prof. W. Peters)Isotopic characterization of CH4 source categories across Europe (Utrecht University, Prof. T. Röckmann)Integration of mobile measurement data in monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) of key CH4 sources in GHG emission reporting across Europe (Utrecht University, Prof. T. Röckmann)High-resolution modelling of CH4 dispersion (Wageningen University, Prof. M. Krol)Poland:Validating CH4 inventories over intense mining area, natural and anthropogenic emissions ((AGH University of Science and Technology, Dr. J. Necki)Sweden:Assessing CH4 emission from wetlands and other sources by use of mobile measurements (Lund University, Prof. J. Rinne and Dr. J. Holst)France:Characterizing CH4 emissions in urban environments (Paris) (Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Dr. F. Vogel)Atmospheric monitoring of the CH4 emissions at the European scale (Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Prof. P. Bousquet and Dr. I. Pison)Switzerland:Mid-infrared laser spectroscopy for three dimensional CH4 mapping by unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) (Empa, Prof. L. Emmenegger)Inverse modelling of CH4 and its isotopic composition at European and point source scales (Empa, Dr. D. Brunner)United Kingdom:CH4 from waste: constraints on captured and fugitive emissions from isotopic analysis (Royal Holloway University of London, Dr. D. Lowry, Dr. R. Fisher, Prof. E. Nisbet)The isotopic signature of urban CH4 emissions (Royal Holloway University of London, Dr. D. Lowry, Dr. R. Fisher, Prof. E. Nisbet) Kind regards from the MEMO2 consortium -------------------------- Dr Rebecca FisherIsotope Geochemistry Research OfficerGreenhouse Gas LaboratoryDepartment of Earth SciencesRoyal Holloway University of LondonEghamSurreyTW20 0EXUnited Kingdom