Hi

My experiences, 50ug nitrogen probably was 3000 mV signal on cup 2 (mass28). It makes sense that the delta values are stable up than 35ug nitrogen (~2000mV). That is a stable linearity range, 0.03- 0.04 permil/ pervolt.

If the nitrogen content lower than the level, I will suggest that adjusting the maximum of the nitrogen reference input to round 2000 mV, and setting several reference events with different diluting times before EA start. (if you own a conflo IV)

Then you can build the calibration curve from those reference events on each of analysis.

It will be better, If you analyse the CN isotopes separately,  you can run the reference events again after EA finished. You can use the closest reference intensity peaks (before and after EA event) to your sample to calibrate the background.

NJ

Dr. Nai-Jung, Wan 萬乃容

Agriculture, Food and Life

Supervisor SGS Taiwan Ltd.

1F, No.38,Wu Chyuan 7th Road , New Taipei Industrial Park, Wu Ku District, New Taipei City 24890 , Taiwan (R.O.C.)

24890 新北市五股區(新北產業園區)五權七路381

Phone:  +886 2 2299 3279 Ext. 7351

Fax:      +886 2 2299 1687