Alina, you may very well be a genius! I switched round the chips you mentioned to try and isolate which one was causing an issue. The Ion Repeller came back under control and the eV went crazy! So I now know what to do! Thank you so much! I can stop pulling my hair out now. So after spending a few ú1000 I am going to spend ú0.50 to fix it…Sure hope my boss isn’t on this list…

Thank you!

Luke

From: Alina Marca (ENV) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 February 2017 16:48
To: Harrold, Luke David <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Sercon 20-20 Misbehaving Ion Repeller

Hi,

On the main source board there are three TL075CN chips that provide the readbacks for the source parameters. It might be that one of those chips are not functioning, but you should probably replace all of them (they are only ~ú0.5 each) especially because it is difficult to tell which chip relates to which source parameter readback. Of course if there is another fault on the source board or a discharge in the source, these chips might continually cease functioning after you replace them.

Of course I don’t know if this will sort out your problem, but it is something you could try.

Best,

Alina

Dr Alina D. Marca

Stable Isotope Laboratory

School of Environmental Sciences

University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ

Tel: 01603 591101

UK Top 15 (Complete University Guide 2017)

Top 5 for student satisfaction (National Student Survey, 2005-2016)

World Top 1% (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2015-16)

World Top 100 for research excellence (Leiden Ranking 2016)

[log in to unmask]" alt="facebook">  [log in to unmask]" alt="twitter-old"> [log in to unmask]" alt="tumblr"> [log in to unmask]" alt="flickr"> [log in to unmask]" alt="linkedin"> [log in to unmask]" alt="youtube"> [log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.