Within the administration at BUHS district #6, we've been discussing the
recent memo from the AOE revising their guidance on the use of preferred
names and genders vs legal names and birth gender for transgendered
students, which has led us to think about how we use student preferred
names and legal names more generally.  I was wondering, and I'm mostly
curious about schools that include any of grades 9-12: within your student
information systems, do you track preferred names, or legal names, or
both?  If both, does everyone who uses the system have access to both, or
is one or the other on an as needed basis?  Do any of you have a written
policy on how student names are used?

--
Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator