Mock OS are usually provided by the college/university at which the subject
is taught. If you are a customer of Access Data or Guidance Software, they
may have some images you can use.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Michael Norkun <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Quick question,
> This is posted on the slack channel as well...
>
> https://vt-school-it.slack.com/archives/general/p1486647110000038
>

>  I am doing some file forensics with some students. Does anyone know where
> I might find a mock os image that I could install on a machine to allow
> these students to practice their forensic skills? They have worked through
> most of the scenarios here http://www.cfreds.nist.gov/. I was hoping to
> hand them a laptop that has been encrypted and have them find some
> evidence. Any one have suggestions of where I could look? I suppose I could
> make an image, but to save some time it would be easier to just download
> one. Thanks in advance.

Thank you,
Carol Graves
BFA IT
Bellows Free Academy
75 Hunt Street
Fairfax. VT 05454
phone: (802) 849-0899 x 12551

"There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't
aggravate." --Unknown