Most of these suggestions assume Google email accounts.  Here's what I'd
suggest to summarize:

Disable the account first! (already done)
Review where the account had been logged into.  Get screen captures of the
data.
Change the password.
Consider having the user leverage a second-factor for authentication.
Reset sign in cookies as per another suggestion.
Run AV on the user's computer(s).
Ensure a level of password complexity for the new password.
Re-enable the account.
Review their Sent messages and ALL Mail views.  Also ensure they are
receiving emails correctly.  Sometimes hackers will add a rule to GMail to
archive all inbound messages.  This way, the owner doesn't see the delivery
failures, etc.

Verify where they access their email from.  Is it from home as well on a
different computer?  Suggest they run AV there as well.

That's the basics.