Steve,

I have been playing around with this.  Works fairly well, however, the big
catch is the deployment of applications that are not found in the App
Store/VPP.  As an example, if you want to include LibreOffice, Firefox or
Google Chrome browser, there isn't a way to include these in the deployment
via Profile Manager.

I just got off the telephone with Apple Education Support and they confirm
that this ability does not exist.  I have completed a request at
http://www.apple.com/feedback/ to have this feature be developed...  It
would be GREAT if others could do the same...

In the zero-touch process, there is still some touching that the end user
(if not you) need to attend to, but with a little education (time
permitting, lol) the end users could re-image their own laptop/desktops
using Profile Manager.  Unfortunately, looks like I will continue to use
DeployStudio for this.

Keith

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Steve Ligett <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who has done a zero-touch Mac
> deployment with Apple School Mangler - I mean Manager - who has notes or
> procedures or anything to share (war stories?).
>
> thanks!

Keith Puffer
Technology Coordinator
Washington West Supervisory Union