Ahh too bad that the only one near me is on dates that are not available.

I'll share this with you all anyway.
IMHO, Here is the best os for your raspberry pi, for everyday use.
https://flintos.io/download/flint-os-rpi-v021-beetle/

Retropie is also fun, and a pretty awesome way to relive the glory days of
gaming, but not super practical in a classroom.
I had some students rewire some old NES and SNES controllers for USB
connection, I have a great bribe of old school games for when my students
need an award.

The point is, flint os is the way to go if you are using pi's in a more
practical sense.