Our SU leases the copiers, and puts the contract out to bid every three years.  It was pretty much always Oce who won, and then they got bought out by Canon and it's Canon that wins.  It's all handled at the central office.  Generally speaking, I find out what's going on (when new copiers will be arriving, etc) through our Canon sales rep more reliably than I do hearing from our own staff downtown!  Last time around, we added Papercut to the contract, and I don't know if it has decreased total printing volume, but a lot of the printing that was happening on printers has shifted to the copiers just because I set up every PC and Chromebook that we get to print to Papercut, whereas if people want to print anywhere else, they have to set up the network printer either themselves, or come ask me to do it for them.  Right now there are 10 printers sitting in my office under the counter because the teacher whose room it was in said to take it away, they don't use it any more.  As printing to the copiers saves at least 2/3 vs printing to laser printers, I'm happy with that if they are.  I'm spending a lot less time installing printer drivers, unjamming printers, etc, too.  Papercut is cloud aware, so once we set it up, I've spent zero time on making cloud print work, too.

Canon service is very responsive if a copier needs to be fixed.  My only complaint these days is the sales rep used to communicate a lot better, too, but I think he's trying to juggle too many accounts now, and isn't as responsive as he once was.  We added a printer to the contract last summer in the middle of the contract term, and they delivered it and made it copy in short order, but it took them a whole semester to get the hardware and software installed to make Papercut work on it, so it wasn't a printer until just a few weeks ago. (needed a proximity sensor for the cards the staff use to log in, and some firmware upgrades, and a hard drive replacement I'm not convinced was actually necessary when all was said and done...)