Of course there's a big problem here, we have to sign contracts before we can file 471s, and how can we sign contracts not knowing if the budget is approved?  Though maybe it'll be okay if we sign a contract that says the deal is contingent upon both erate funding and local budget approval?  We already sign ones that say it's contingent upon the former.

This problem, though, is really dwarfed by a bigger one, which is that most school teachers' contracts say the teachers have to be informed by a certain date if they're not going to be offered a contract for the coming year.  Generally, this date is well before May 23, or at least it is around here.  How will districts offer contracts without an approved budget?  Districts could achieve compliance by sending RIF notices to the entire staff, I suppose, this is what generally happens when a budget is defeated and another one is not approved by the drop dead date, but to do this to every teacher state wide seems rather callous to me.

Guess the Governor never served on a school board, or at least not on the finance committee...