Mike,
Thanks for the input. I'll do a bit more R&D on that. One of the issues I ran into was getting audio to redirect. Did you have any issues with this?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Mike Vining <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We have a RDS server (also virtual) and our Chromebooks connect to it just fine.  So far, we haven’t had anyone complain about the performance of the connection.

Maybe you need to allocate more resources to the virtual server or your wifi is congested?

Mike

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Philip Hayes
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Chromebooks running Windows Applications

Hello School IT folks. We are looking at starting our Project Lead The Way (PLTW) Gateway program this next year. One of the challenges is that this curriculum does not support the use of Chromebooks, and requires a Windows based system to run the applications. Is there anyone else who has implemented PLTW Gateway, and was able to do so using Chromebooks? I have played around with RDPing from the Chromebooks to a virtual RDS server with the installed apps, but I'm not happy with how it performs.

--

Philip Hayes

System Administrator

Washington West Supervisory Union

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at [log in to unmask]. Revised by mandate of the USDA dated March 24th, 2014.
  ­­

Philip Hayes
System Administrator
Washington West Supervisory Union