As in more sunlight
​ coming = summer plans!

My young family (age 2 and 5) is getting to the point where my wife and I
want to establish some sort of regular summer break where we can build a
community of kids and adults some of whom return each year. At least for
the next few years. ​

I'm looking for folks who've good experiences with campgrounds for small
pop up campers, cabin rentals and family camps designed for young families
​.

We're interested in kids to have kids to play with. Water, beach, boat,
woods. Fancy-ness not needed at all in food or lodgings.

Here's my notes from last summer:

*Personally experienced*

   - Groton lake rental
   ​. Leading place, but somewhat isolated in terms of walking to other
   kids playing​
   : http://spoorcamp.com/
   - South Portland Maine rentals near Willard beach and public bus/bike
   path to Portland city
   ​ (expensive not near woods, but amazing! we do a weekend here once a
   year)​
   .
   - Spofford lake rental
   ​. Great. Need big group though and not a lot of kids​
   : http://www.lakehousevacations.com/page-4356.html

*Looking for anyone who's personal experience with:*

   - State parks great with young families and popups to stay a week or so
   and get into a groove
   ​ ​
   http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/top5famcamp.htm
   - Karme Choling Family Camp https://www.karmecholing.org/program?id=5900
   - Fairlee VT: https://alohafoundation.org/ohana/
   - Farm and Wilderness in VT
   https://farmandwilderness.org/workshops-trainings/family-camp/
   - Alden Camps, a 103-year-old collection of cabins and a lodge and
   dining hall on the Belgrade Lakes in Maine: http://www.aldencamps.com/
   - Tyler Place Family Resort in northern Vermont
   - Medomak (pronounced med-OM-ack, like the river) Family Camp
   http://medomakcamp.com/
   - (2020) Family Nature Camp, College of the Atlantic - when Ivy is five
   looks amazing
   ​ ​
   https://www.coa.edu/summerprograms/family-nature-camp/
   - Maine By ocean camping
   ​ ]= ​
   Cobscook Bay State Park

​Or????​

--
Caleb Clark
Marlboro College, Degree Chair, Teaching with Technology