Usually it means that the vendors will rely on parts suppliers to support
the equipment.

And it may mean that they will reorganize and come alive again in another
business model or be bought.

You will probably have the support you need.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Susan Briere <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Avaya filed for bankruptcy last Thursday. Not sure what that means for
> their phone systems.
>
> Susan Briere
> Coordinator, IT Services
> Rutland Northeast Supervisory Union
> (802) 247-5757 ext. 24 <(802)%20247-5757>
>
> *"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."  -Alan Kay*
>
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Matthew Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are looking to do a VoIP system upgrade here in Winooski. I see this
>> was somewhat addressed last winter; what are the economical options here?
>> We use Avaya hardware (phones & PBX) currently. The system is 10 years old
>> and we want something a little more user friendly so our IT team can
>> provide support.
>>
>> What are you using?
>>
>> - Matthew Gonzalez
>>   Winooski School District <http://t.sidekickopen20.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XYg4XHx3nW4Y9g2b3Mqt_4W64QWwH56dNFNf2Ml9B202?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wsdschools.org%2F&si=6151917366935552&pi=342785b8-4959-46e9-ae4d-15f0197f4c29>
>>   Web Manager & Helpdesk
>>   (802) 383-6024 <8023836024>
>>
>> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.
>>
>> The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-383-6024 or return e-mail, and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Chittenden Central Supervisory Union
Essex High School
p. (802) 857-7000 x.1030

*If you need immediate assistance please contact *
*our helpdesk at *802-857-7000 ext 1234 or *[log in to unmask]*

*For Technology News click here
<http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>.*

The information contained in this communication, including
any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from
the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized
use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192