This is what they said (emailed) it means:

*Dear Customers,*

As you’ve likely read, Avaya recently announced the action we’re taking to
restructure our debt and better position the company for the future. I’d
like to put that announcement in context for you:

From our early days as a spin-out from AT&T, Avaya has a long and proud
history of putting the success of our customers, partners and employees
first. In step with multiple dramatic shifts in the technology landscape,
Avaya has continually transformed itself through innovation to deliver
better outcomes for our customers.

We’re taking decisive action now to address our capital structure by
initiating a debt restructuring through chapter 11. Our operations remain
strong, and this path will provide us with enhanced flexibility to invest
even more in innovation and growth.

We’ll leverage the strength of our solutions and services to create even
more value for those that rely on Avaya every day. We’re proud of our
position as a global leader in superior communication experiences,
reflected by the following:

   - Ninety percent of Fortune 100 companies are Avaya customers.
   - Avaya has 5,419 patents and pending patent applications.
   - The world's top 10 passenger airlines are running Avaya solutions.
   - Net Promoter Score = 58.
   - More than 300,000 customers worldwide.

We’ll continue to operate as we always have, and we will not waver in our
commitment to provide you with industry-leading solutions and services to
help your businesses grow. We have a number of materials available to help
keep you in-the-know as we move further along in the process: *information
<http://app.news.avaya.com/e/er?s=1737033466&lid=22486&elqTrackId=7e710034b8cd451e96fef5c6552a5bb9&elq=a5c830556c5c4c98b4c53ef18a4d3ed0&elqaid=10764&elqat=1>*
 about Avaya’s filing and *FAQs
<http://app.news.avaya.com/e/er?s=1737033466&lid=22485&elqTrackId=3ebe4e2f8e2a49ea995f69a846950427&elq=a5c830556c5c4c98b4c53ef18a4d3ed0&elqaid=10764&elqat=1>*
are
posted online. *Avaya Investor Relations
<http://www.avaya.com/investors/overview/?WT.tsrc=Email&elqTrackId=d8f42635ae0c43e3a173232f2adbf31b&elq=a5c830556c5c4c98b4c53ef18a4d3ed0&elqaid=10764&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=7494>*
is
a beneficial resource too.

In keeping with the spirit of “business as usual,” we’re eager to catch up
with you at #AvayaENGAGE. Our leadership team and subject matter experts
will be in Las Vegas to talk about our plans for Avayaand answer any
questions you have. This flagship experience – the only big top event we’ll
host in 2017 – will attract more than 2,000 attendees! You can expect
keynotes from Avaya’s biggest names, as well as a special guest keynote
from Jeffrey Ma, CEO and co-founder of tenXer and kingpin of the famous MIT
Blackjack Team. And, of course, together with IAUG, we’ll showcase new
solutions and unveil a few surprises! There’s still time to sign up. This
is one event you don’t want to miss.

See you in the city of lights!

*Morag Lucey*
Chief Marketing Officer