This is what they said (emailed) it means:

Dear Customers,

As you’ve likely read, Avaya recently announced the action we’re taking to restructure our debt and better position the company for the future. I’d like to put that announcement in context for you:

From our early days as a spin-out from AT&T, Avaya has a long and proud history of putting the success of our customers, partners and employees first. In step with multiple dramatic shifts in the technology landscape, Avaya has continually transformed itself through innovation to deliver better outcomes for our customers.

We’re taking decisive action now to address our capital structure by initiating a debt restructuring through chapter 11. Our operations remain strong, and this path will provide us with enhanced flexibility to invest even more in innovation and growth.

We’ll leverage the strength of our solutions and services to create even more value for those that rely on Avaya every day. We’re proud of our position as a global leader in superior communication experiences, reflected by the following:We’ll continue to operate as we always have, and we will not waver in our commitment to provide you with industry-leading solutions and services to help your businesses grow. We have a number of materials available to help keep you in-the-know as we move further along in the process: information about Avaya’s filing and FAQs are posted online. Avaya Investor Relations is a beneficial resource too.

In keeping with the spirit of “business as usual,” we’re eager to catch up with you at #AvayaENGAGE. Our leadership team and subject matter experts will be in Las Vegas to talk about our plans for Avayaand answer any questions you have. This flagship experience – the only big top event we’ll host in 2017 – will attract more than 2,000 attendees! You can expect keynotes from Avaya’s biggest names, as well as a special guest keynote from Jeffrey Ma, CEO and co-founder of tenXer and kingpin of the famous MIT Blackjack Team. And, of course, together with IAUG, we’ll showcase new solutions and unveil a few surprises! There’s still time to sign up. This is one event you don’t want to miss.

See you in the city of lights!

Morag Lucey
Chief Marketing Officer
Follow me  @moragavayaVisit my blog