offlist response.

I didn't have to pay when I went, but it wasnt open yet when I got there.
They allow you to let yourself into the gate though even when they are
closed which is nice. Im not sure if you are suppose to pay or not, but I
didnt see a place for paying when I walked out either.

There is a trail behind the main building. Go down a couple hundred meters
and then take the trail to your right that follows the river. About a
kilometer down this trail there are some open meadows where the owls were.
It wont be hard to find them....just look for the crowds of
birders/photographers.

Good luck!

--
Justin Lawson