Thanks for this, Ian!

I looked at that pic of the Northern Red-Tail, a subspecies unfamiliar
to me until reading this, and my jaw dropped.  Damned if I can remember
precisely where it was, but I absolutely saw a bird from the car marked
this way sometime in the last week and puzzled over it-- all dark head,
heavily streaked from neck to lower belly.  Best I can say is it was
somewhere between southern Shoreham and northern Bridport on a wire
along Rte 22A.  I may be able to go look for it on Wednesday.

Jane
(Shoreham)