From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathryn Houk
Sent: 06 February 2017 19:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Scoping Review Guides/Guidelines

Hello colleagues,

Does anyone know of, or have a favorite, resource for describing the guidelines or steps for completing a scoping review? A rapid review might be acceptable, too. Are there any from well-respected groups or research centers?

The Public Health program here allows students to do a "systematic review"
as a graduation option (typically students set aside one semester to try and complete it), but the description and parameters fit the definition of a scoping review - a review of the current state of published literature on a public health topic and identification of areas for future research.

Any literature that outlines the differences between the different flavors of systematic search publications would be greatly appreciated, too!

Thanks,
Katie

--
Kathryn M. Houk, MLIS
Health & Life Sciences Librarian

*I will be unavailable Fridays this semester. I will respond to you as soon as I am able, but if you need immediate assistance, please call the library at (619) 594-6728.*

**********************************************************************************************************************
Care : If you have received this email and it was not intended for you, please reply to the sender, and then delete it.
Please treat our information in confidence.  This communication may contain legal advice which is confidential and/or
privileged. It should not be forwarded or copied to anyone else without the prior permission of the sender.

Contract : This email does not form any binding agreement unless it is supported by an official States of Jersey
purchase order form.

Content : All States information systems may be monitored to ensure that they are operating correctly.  Furthermore,
the content of emails and other data on these systems may be examined, in exceptional circumstances, for the purpose
of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use. This email has been scanned for viruses by the States of Jersey email
gateway.

Confidentiality: The confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. As a public authority, the States of Jersey is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011. Under this Law we may be required to disclose information we hold, including the contents of this email and any response to it, unless the information is protected from disclosure by an exemption under the Law or any other enactment, including the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.