From: Truex, Eleanor
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 9:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ILL: Help Please American Thyroid Association's 2015 Guidelines for Fine Needle Aspiration WITH Ultrasound for biopsy

I am tracking this for a patron. I don't have access to the ATA site (members' only). He does not want the entire document, just the part about the cut-off threshold for size to recommend US-directed bx for thyroid nodules. I have found articles that reference these guidelines, but not the guidelines themselves. One article has this as the actual cite, but states in the article that these are the new guidelines. Would someone be so kind as to send me the actual article/guidelines? This is exactly what he wants, but I need more than just an "oral communication" for back-up.  Thanks so much in advance.

"The American Thyroid Association (ATA) guidelines recommend against performing USFNA for thyroid nodules < 1 cm regardless of the ultrasonographic features of the nodule as long as it is confined to the thyroid. [4<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5131717/#R4>]"

4. Haugen B. [9/23/14];oral communication. http://www.thyroid.org/members-only/member-resources/ata-draft-guidelines/

Eleanor Truex BSN, MLIS
Medical Librarian, Lakeshore Region

Presence
Saint Francis Hospital
355 Ridge Avenue | Evanston, IL 60202
Office: 847.316.2460

Presence
Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive | Chicago, IL 06057
Office: 773.665.3038

www.presencehealth.org<http://www.presencehealth.org/>