From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Library
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking for images with easy-to-get permissions

Hi all,

Got a question this morning, and I don't think I can answer this one...

"I'm finishing up my chapter for a textbook on oral manifestations of liver disease. My slides converted to digital are not good enough quality for publication.  Many images to choose from online, but getting permission for republication [is] not always easy. Is there a source you know of where I can find photos and easily contact the publisher to obtain permission for appropriately attributed republication?"

Does anyone know of a source that would be helpful for this?

Thanks,

Madeleine M. Taylor, MLS, MA
Medical Librarian | Health Sciences Library St. Joseph's Healthcare System
703 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07503
Phone: 973.754.3590 | Fax: 973.754.3593
[log in to unmask] | https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.StJosephsHealth.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=RvBXVp2Kc-itN3g6r3sN0QK_zL4whPpndVxj8-bJ04M&r=vKh6XwOmjyC51IkP1OfsdjQZoWT2vpi6VZl8El8EPRI&m=9QGEbzZOhZ_DFFIfFctsNJfYRKVxpL3AJmfoo6p-Mxc&s=tXEx9TXvEmgAdM2PteyJG7lJdu4G-e-K-lJCJtFDe0w&e=

*** Important Notice About St. Josephs emails *** St. Josephs Regional Medical Center is using Zix to encrypt any e-mails containing Protected Health Information (PHI).  If you receive an encrypted email from a person at St. Josephs the body of the message will indicate that you have a "New Zixcorp secure email from St. Josephs Regional Medical Center."  You will need to click on the link in that email to retrieve the message.  For more information please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.uapguide.com_st-2Djosephs-2Dhospital-2Dand-2Dregional-2Dmedical-2Dcenter_introduction&d=DwIFaQ&c=RvBXVp2Kc-itN3g6r3sN0QK_zL4whPpndVxj8-bJ04M&r=vKh6XwOmjyC51IkP1OfsdjQZoWT2vpi6VZl8El8EPRI&m=9QGEbzZOhZ_DFFIfFctsNJfYRKVxpL3AJmfoo6p-Mxc&s=tAH8UItac-T2utkQFED9O0yoUsjuTmE65N810P_cuN0&e= .  For help in retrieving a secure email that you??ve received from St Josephs please go to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.uapguide.com_st-2Djosephs-2Dhospital-2Dand-2Dregional-2Dmedical-2Dcenter_receiving-2Dencrypted-2Demail&d=DwIFaQ&c=RvBXVp2Kc-itN3g6r3sN0QK_zL4whPpndVxj8-bJ04M&r=vKh6XwOmjyC51IkP1OfsdjQZoWT2vpi6VZl8El8EPRI&m=9QGEbzZOhZ_DFFIfFctsNJfYRKVxpL3AJmfoo6p-Mxc&s=YvrA7RgC4QcBmy42uXZmjf02mBqF4wp3DGWAhq0SfJc&e= .

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION
THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE THE EMAIL AND CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY. THIS INFORMATION MAY HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED TO YOU FROM CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS AND MAY BE PROTECTED BY FEDERAL AND STATE LAW. THIS INFORMATION MAY INCLUDE CONFIDENTIAL MENTAL HEALTH, SUBSTANCE ABUSE, ALCOHOL ABUSE AND/OR HIV-RELATED INFORMATION. FEDERAL AND STATE LAW PROHIBITS YOU FROM MAKING ANY FURTHER DISCLOSURE OF THIS INFORMATION WITHOUT THE SPECIFIC WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT PERTAINS, OR AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW. ANY UNAUTHORIZED FURTHER DISCLOSURE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW MAY RESULT IN A FINE OR JAIL SENTENCE OR BOTH. A GENERAL AUTHORIZATION FOR THE RELEASE OF THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE SUFFICIENT AUTHORIZATION FOR FURTHER DISCLOSURE.

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for clinical quality in heart, orthopaedics, cancer and GI.

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be corrected... Thank you.

Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.