To Town Clerks:


The Division of Property, Valuation and Review (PVR), Vermont Department of Taxes, is issuing guidance regarding the Property Transfer Tax Return. Preparers should submit a paper return with the deed to you, the town clerk, but you may see several variations of the paper return. The fact sheet linked below will tell you how to handle these variations when sending them to PVR.  


See the fact sheet here:


If you have questions, please email [log in to unmask] or call 802-828-5860.


Thank you,


Lynette Kemp | Tax Education Supervisor

Policy, Outreach, and Legislative Affairs | Vermont Department of Taxes

133 State Street | Montpelier, VT 05633-1401

o: 802.828.2502  |


New email address: [log in to unmask]


This email may contain confidential tax information. The information is intended only for use by the individual or entity addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, and any such action would subject you to civil and/or criminal prosecution under state and Federal confidentiality laws. If you received this email in error, immediately delete this email and contact us at 802-828-2502 or [log in to unmask] for further instructions.