We didn't find an affordable tool for batch renaming.  We will be sending
this note to all photographers this summer:

Dear Professional Photographer,

School's expectations for student and staff photos have changed.  In
addition to the traditional wishes of parents for their children’s photos,
schools must add photos in a timely fashion to the student management
system, food service database, library check-out database, website staff
directory and staff human resources database.

Photographers wishing to do a school’s student and staff photos are
required to meet these minimum guidelines for our databases:

   -

   Format: jpg
   -

   Dimensions: minimum of 640 (w) X 800 (h) - 4:5 aspect ratio
   -

   Size: min of 300KB per image
   -

   Photos named with our student management system ID. A list of student
   and staff IDs and names by school and grade level may obtain from the
   schools.
   -

   October 1st: Deadline for delivery to data manager of student and staff
   photos - initial set*
   -

   November 1st: Deadline for delivery to data manager of student and staff
   photos - make-up or re-do*
   -

   Method of delivery of images to data manager: Dropbox, shared folder or
   similar online tool.

* It is the responsibility of the photographer to schedule with a school
principal a date for taking photos that will make the deadline attainable.

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Supervisor
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
211 Bridge Street