The issue of ownership is a problem, and not just with the kids, but also
with staff, many teachers let the carts become a mess.  Social Studies had
a 25 Chromebooks in a cart when the year started. (they acquired these
before we went 1:1). Last time I checked, there were 7.  Ask the teacher
where the rest are, she says "I dunno".  Then, we want kids to take them
home to do homework.  And last but not least, you'd need a lot more of them
if you're gonna put a full set in every classroom.

The only upside I can see is there probably would be a lot less damage,
because most screens get broken while the CBs are in kid's backpacks.