Assigning one specific device to just one student may provide:
Is account security an issue?  Having several students using the same device on the same day seems let a setup for one student leaving their computer open so that next student could be using their account.

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Supervisor
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
211 Bridge Street