We block Russia, China, Ukraine, by default.  Has helped a great deal.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Matthew Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Good afternoon,

I wanted to let other schools know that we've been hit by Russian IP addresses trying to log into our website. Our website is outside our network and we have since block Russian IP addresses from accessing it. Thought I would let all of you know to be on the lookout.. again.
- Matthew Gonzalez
  Web Manager & Helpdesk

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-383-6024 or return e-mail, and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Chittenden Central Supervisory Union
Essex High School
p. (802) 857-7000 x.1030

If you need immediate assistance please contact

For Technology News click here.

The information contained in this communication, including
any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from
the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies. Any unauthorized
use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is
communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192