Absolutely it is worth the eBird report!  If most everyone does so,
there will be a fine collection of bird records for that location for
the duration of the swan's visit ... and you don't know how long that
will be.  There have been numerous long-term "stake-out" rarities, some
for many months.

Good birding all,

Ian