Just an addition to Martha’s note: people have been birding at Hinsdale since the 1930s, resulting in a ton of data from this regionally important site. Indeed, it (and its environs) is probably the most important migration site in the middle an upper CT valley. I produced an ebook about a year ago detailing what we know about the seasonality, numbers and status of the 240 bird species that have occurred there. This 70-page ebook can be obtained free from me by simply writing me an email at [log in to unmask]

Hector Galbraith, PhD
EcoSolutions
802 258 4836
802 222 1916 (c)