I agree with you, Patti.  Here in Michigan, we've dealt with our share of
pollution too (River Rouge near Detroit, the Flint River), but I always
remember the stories I heard about "Lake Erie" catching on fire in
Cleveland, Ohio - in actuality, it was the Cuyahoga River that caught fire,
but close enough:

https://clevelandhistorical.org/items/show/58#.WLhi2G_yuM8

And environmental legislation (the Clean Air Act of 1956) was initially
passed in England in the wake of a "killer fog" that enveloped London that
took the lives of nearly 4,000 city inhabitants:

http://www.history.com/news/the-killer-fog-that-blanketed-london-60-years-ago

Environmental pollution really can be deadly....

All my best,

Annie

*Ann M. Schultz, JD, MLIS*
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Mobile Telephone: (810) 858-7867
Home Telephone: (810) 385-5696
Office Telephone: (810) 982-9991

"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable
the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of
hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish
yourself if you forget the errand."

~ Woodrow Wilson ~

"What another would have done as well as you, do not do it.  What another
would have said as well as you, do not say it; what another would have
written as well, do not write it.  Be faithful to that which exists nowhere
but in yourself - and thus make yourself indispensable."

~ Andre Gide ~

Legal Disclaimer: The transmitted material is intended only for the use of
the addressee. It may contain confidential, proprietary and / or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please be
aware that any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, in whole or in part, is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail reply or by
phone (810-858-7867), delete the communication and destroy any copies.

E-mail Warning: This e-mail was swept for computer viruses. However, we
cannot guarantee that the integrity of this e-mail has been maintained in
transmission and do not accept responsibility for the consequences of any
virus contamination.