Hi,
Interesting question and I am wondering if anyone's hospital has a policy on this as I am not finding anything else.  Should pre-op nurses assess and document existing dialysis fistulas prior to an unrelated surgery such as a hysterectomy, knee replacement, etc.?

Dana Kopp, MLS, AHIP | Medical Librarian | Providence Health & Services | System Library Services | tel: 406.329.5711 | fax: 406.329-5688 | email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>