From: Baumgardner, Dennis J.
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 11:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Grundle, Joseph; Webb, Lucy
Subject: FW: SOURCE

Dear Mr. Wilkinson,
On behalf of Joe Grundle, our managing editor, and the JPCRR staff, I am happy to respond that we are certainly not a predatory journal. Funded by the Aurora Health Care Foundation and indexed by the Directory of Open Access Journals, JPCRR content is freely available online and we do not charge author fees of any kind for submission or publication. In addition, we have no industry or other paid advertisements or want-ads. We use double-blind peer review, with significant author revisions typically required for publication.  Our mission is to communicate original research findings to clinicians, researchers and patients with the goal of improving outcomes for individual patients and patient populations. We (our journal and our parent organization) are a nonprofit operation.
In fact, If you check out my lead-in editorial  of Volume 3, Issue 1, Winter 2016 (Baumgardner DJ. Asking questions, seeking improvements. J Patient Cent Res Rev 2016;3:6-8. http://digitalrepository.aurorahealthcare.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1253&context=jpcrr), the last two paragraphs briefly address this issue.
I believe that one of your faculty has actually served as a peer reviewer for us.
Thank you for your inquiry - please help spread the word! If interested, we would be happy to add you to our email list for updates on forthcoming issues.
My Best Regards,

Dennis

Dennis J. Baumgardner, MD
Clinical Adjunct Professor of Family Medicine and Community Health University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health; Director of Research, Aurora UW Medical Group; Associate Director, Center for Urban Population Health; Editor, Journal of Patient-Centered Research and Reviews
1020 North 12th Street, Suite 4180
Milwaukee, WI 53233;
Office 414-219-5191
Fax 414-219-3116