I need census stats for the homeless in 1996, January.  I sent this information along to my patron, but now I am stumped and am home sick so any help would be appreciated:

"The info that was sent has great numbers (549,928 on a night in January, 2016), but it doesn’t have a percentage (or number per 10,000) of homelessness.  I guess one way is to know the U.S. population as of January 2016 and I can divide to obtain it."

It is my understanding that all we can get is sampling.  I sent this patron HUD information, but to,do this type of math wouldn't be scientific, would it?

Danielle Becker
Sent from my iPad