From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Truex, Eleanor
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: teaching nursing care plans

Also, just to be clear, not all the NCPs were that long, but they were rarely less than 10 pages. We had to address the entire patient, not just the admitting diagnosis, which added to the length considerably. It disciplined us to think holistically and to consider how one aspect of a pts' life could (and did) affect their health. Conceptual nursing has been around a long time. I would see it as partner to the care plan, but not a substitute. That said, I was a direct care RN for 29 years, never a academic or research RN...

Eleanor Truex BSN, RN, MLIS
Medical Librarian, Lakeshore Region

THIS IS THE POWER OF COMPASSION.
THIS IS PRESENCE.

Presence
Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive | Chicago, IL 60657
Office: 773.665.3038
Internal: 81.665.3038

Presence
h Saint Francis Hospital
355 North Ridge Avenue | Evanston , IL 60202
Office: 847.316.2460
Internal: 81.847.2460
presencehealth.org

Connect with Presence Health
Find a Doctor | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube

Sponsored by Presence Health Ministries