Guest Speaker: Margaret J. Foster, MLIS, MPH
Date:  Thursday, March 9
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am CT / 9:00am - 10:00am MT
Social Media Hashtag: #piecesQA

Description: Systematic reviews are well-documented as contributing to evidence-based healthcare by, in part, revealing gaps in the literature or illustrating the effectiveness of health interventions. They are common practice, but they can often be fraught with issues in how they're conducted. Pieces is a monthly, interactive web conference to address some of these issues for a wide range of audiences, whether it's health science librarians or their constituents.

Series Dates: Each webinar will be an hour long at 10am CT on the first Thursday of every month beginning in February 2017 and ending in July 2017. Please mark the following dates on your calendar:
Thursday, February 2, 2017 - How do you determine if a research question is right for a systematic review?
Thursday, March 2, 2017 - What searches beyond the typical databases should be done?
**Thursday, March 9, 2017 - Special Q&A Session**
Thursday, April 6, 2017 - What happens after the search?
Thursday, May 4, 2017 - What free software is useful for conducting review?
Thursday, June 1, 2017 - How can a librarian support other types of reviews (scoping, integrative, rapid)?
Thursday, July 6, 2017 - What are the new developments in review methods?

Social Media: These sessions will be interactive, with various prompts presented during the presentation as well as on social media. Use the hashtag #piecesQA for discussion!

Speaker Bio: Margaret Foster is an Associate Professor at Texas A&M University and serves as the Systematic Reviews Coordinator at the Medical Sciences Library with a joint position at the School of Public Health and the College of Medicine of the Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center.  Her work with systematic reviews began more than a decade ago while completing her Masters of Public Health.  In her current position, she provides consultations for researchers in medicine, public health, veterinary medicine, education, and other disciplines and has published 25 articles applying or describing systematic review methods and evidence based practices since 2009. In addition, she is the founder and convener of the Medical Library Association Systematic Review Special Interest Group and developed a popular continuing education course about systematic reviews which has trained over 550 librarians.

To Join the Meeting

  1.  Go to WebEx<https://nih.webex.com/>.
  2.  Enter the session number: 627 580 730 and password: pieces
  3.  Please provide your name and email address.
  4.  You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
  5.  Select your audio connection preference:
*Call in - Call: 1-877-668-4493 (US/Canada Toll-free)
Enter access code: 627 580 730 #
Enter the participant code on your screen and press #
*Call using computer - Adjust settings and test the connection
  6.  If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: pieces

For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.com/attend?event=citwebex
For any technical issues, please call: 817-735-2223.

**Please note: Login information will be unique for every session. Please check our website or look for our email announcements to get the latest information for the next upcoming session.**

--
Sarah Miles, MLIS/MA
Health Professions Coordinator