Hi all,

OK, I just heard back from the Multicultural Family Institute, and they spoke to Monica McGoldrick, who's on her way out the door for 2 weeks, and she vaguely remembers it.

A bunch of you helped or made suggestions, thanks to all!

What we've found is that it's a manual that accompanied a video.  This information was gleaned from a syllabus from St. Luke's Roosevelt Dept. of Psychiatry, Syllabus of Family Therapy Seminar for Psychology Interns, by Donald Brown, MD & Amy Taylor, LCSW.   Two people sent that to me, and when I mentioned that to the person from the Multicultural Family Institute, she was pretty confident that was it.

Thanks to all those who liked the challenge!  My original post is below.

Madeleine M. Taylor, MLS, MA
Medical Librarian | Health Sciences Library
St. Joseph's Healthcare System
703 Main Street, Paterson, NJ 07503
Phone: 973.754.3590 | Fax: 973.754.3593
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.StJosephsHealth.org<http://www.StJosephsHealth.org>

Original post:

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the source of a document that I gave to one of our doctors earlier this year.  I'm sure I probably got it off the Internet, but, unfortunately, my browser history has been cleared, so I can't retrace my steps.  It's very strange that I didn't put a citation on it, as I usually always do.

On the top of the page:  EXAMPLE OF THE USE OF GENOGRAMS IN PRACTICE WITH FAMILIES

III. FAMILY TREATMENT OF LOSS: THEORY AND PRACTICE

It begins:  " Introduction
The previous section of this manual set forth the theoretical tenets of the multi-generational systemic approach to loss.  To recap, this perspective posits that (1) the family reacts to loss as a relationship system, with all members participating in mutually reinforcing reactions and (2) family members' response to loss have both Immediate implications for that family's development over its life cycle and long-term ramifications across generations (Walsh & McGoldrick, 1991, page xviii).

It is pages 12-26 of whatever it is, and it cites publications from 1995, so is later than that.

On page 12, the left hand side has printed (sideways) The Multicultural Family Institute, Monica McGoldrick, LCSW, Director; Nydia Garcia Preto, LCSW, Clinical Director.

I've been looking on the website of The Multicultural Family Institute, but haven't yet found anything.  I didn't interlibrary loan anything on this topic, I checked.

I'm almost totally frustrated, and, of course, they need the publication info by 3p.m. today.

Can anyone help?  All I can think of at this point is that if it can be run through a plagiarism checker, that may help.  If anyone wants to actually see the document, I can send.

*** Important Notice About St. Josephs emails ***
St. Josephs Regional Medical Center is using Zix to encrypt any e-mails containing Protected Health Information (PHI).  If you receive an encrypted email from a person at St. Josephs the body of the message will indicate that you have a "New Zixcorp secure email from St. Josephs Regional Medical Center."  You will need to click on the link in that email to retrieve the message.  For more information please visit http://www.uapguide.com/st-josephs-hospital-and-regional-medical-center/introduction.  For help in retrieving a secure email that youÂ’ve received from St Josephs please go to http://www.uapguide.com/st-josephs-hospital-and-regional-medical-center/receiving-encrypted-email.

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION
THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE THE EMAIL AND CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY. THIS INFORMATION MAY HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED TO YOU FROM CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS AND MAY BE PROTECTED BY FEDERAL AND STATE LAW. THIS INFORMATION MAY INCLUDE CONFIDENTIAL MENTAL HEALTH, SUBSTANCE ABUSE, ALCOHOL ABUSE AND/OR HIV-RELATED INFORMATION. FEDERAL AND STATE LAW PROHIBITS YOU FROM MAKING ANY FURTHER DISCLOSURE OF THIS INFORMATION WITHOUT THE SPECIFIC WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT PERTAINS, OR AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW. ANY UNAUTHORIZED FURTHER DISCLOSURE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW MAY RESULT IN A FINE OR JAIL SENTENCE OR BOTH. A GENERAL AUTHORIZATION FOR THE RELEASE OF THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE SUFFICIENT AUTHORIZATION FOR FURTHER DISCLOSURE.