At the request of Halyna Liszczynskyj I am distributing the story of the pearls at the MAC conferences.

 If you have been a MAC member for a few years (and maybe if you haven't), you have likely heard stories about a semi-traditional event regarding the "Pearl Girls" Well, here is the real story. It all started in 1995 as MAC was preparing to meet in Richmond, VA at the venerable Hotel Jefferson. M.J. Tooey posted a message on the MAC listserv to the Local Arrangements Committee asking about proper dress for such an auspicious venue. I happened to reply that "pearls would definitely be appropriate for the Jefferson!" The news spread like wildfire and on the night of the opening reception, members showed up in hoards sporting their pearls for a special photo opp. Since that time we have had our picture taken on boats, in train stations, with life-size cutouts of Hilary Clinton, in mansions and even in bathrooms."
[Campbell Osteo vector MBS outln 158_2013_BOLD_JMW small]

Sarah R. Wade, MLS, AHIP | Assistant Medical Librarian
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Post Office Box 4280  Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
4350 US 421 South  Lillington, North Carolina 27546
Levine Hall 258 | Toll Free (855) 287-6613

A library is a place that is a repository of information and gives every citizen equal access to it. That includes health information. And mental health information. It's a community space. It's a place of safety, a haven from the world.- Neil Gaiman

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.- Winston Churchill

So here I stand, one girl among many. I speak not for myself, but so those without a voice can be heard- Malala Yousafzai
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY 910-893-7334