Aloha All,
I was wondering if anyone else has observed trouble with separation between
tyrosine and lysine on newly purchased columns? Our aging column in one of
our Trace GCs is starting to show its age, but we've tried several new
columns and consistently get bad separation between tyr and lys (all other
AAs look fine). We have historically used SGE BPx5 (60m x 0.32mm x 1.0um)
columns with success, but we've tried multiple new BPx5 columns as well as
an Agilent DB5 (also 60m x 0.32mm x 1.0 um) with the same results.

Has anyone else had this trouble? The old columns were purchased in
2011/2012, and all the troublesome columns have been purchased since late
2015.

Thanks! Natalie

--

Isotope Biogeochemistry Laboratory