Yes, that is very good news!  As a bit of background on the Franklin County
Airport, I did grassland point count surveys there for Audubon from 2001 to
2015.  During that time, both the current and previous managers (Clifford
and George Coy, respectively) were always totally cooperative with my doing
the surveys inside the airport fence.  (Actually, there was no fence in
2001.)  Also, they have always observed the state airport protocol for
delayed mowing (after nesting is complete) for the protection of grassland
species.  And, they understand the reasons for the airport's IBA (Important
Birding Area) designation.  I always filled them in on what I was finding
and kept a good relationship with them.  In short, they understand the
importance of the airport property to birds and birders.

--Ken Copenhaver