 My trip to Emerald Lake today did not disappoint. Although my late start initially had me thinking I would be skunked, I was pleasantly surprised. My best guess is a couple dozen yellow-rumps, and several palm warblers, but the ruby-crowned kinglets definitely stole the show. They were everywhere!! Flitting here and there, such energetic little birds! Best count 4 dozen and I know I'm on the low side. Most were concentrated in the scrubby area behind the Nature Center, but I was still seeing/hearing them as I walked along the field edge to the little park booth. All in all a great late morning/early afternoon excursion