From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shelly, Susan
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 8:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: BULK EMAIL:Ref Q: Magnet Require Staff Ratio?

Does the ANCC require hospitals they review for Magnet designation require a certain nurse-to-patient staffing ratio?  Actual numbers?

I'm convinced the answer to this is "NO" but I don't have it in black-and-white to show the patron, so I am wondering if any of you folks have statements or evidence from ANCC.

I have looked on the website and a cursory lit search.  Given the variability of patients and workplaces and care processes, It makes no sense to me that there WOULD be a requirement, so I don't want to spend a lot of time looking for something that isn't there.

Thank you!

Susan Shelly BSN, MLS | Librarian | Library Services | HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center
P: 602.870.6328 | F: 602.997.9325 | HonorHealth.com Cowden Center | 9202 North Second Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85020

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this by error, please notify the sender immediately.

HonorHealth<http://www.HonorHealth.com>

Join HonorHealth in creating a healthier planet. Please print this email only if necessary.