I would think that there aren't all that many IRs that want to post
undergraduate students' papers without a compelling and comprehensive
reason. I don't think any of the ones that I've worked with would. It's the
student's work and they have the right to publish it wherever they want, if
they're getting something out of the deal. And I guess the work will end up
in anti-plagiarism databases if they post it to the web, which is good for
everyone. If you wanted to thread the needle and get the credibility of an
IR-like platform, which could definitely be linked to from LinkedIN and
provide a sort of digital portfolio, suggest that the student sets up a
works.bepress.com page and post their papers to it.