From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stemmer Frumento, Katherine
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 10:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MEDLIB-L] ?? Hospital library security vs patient/consumer access

Note, THIS IS AN EXTERNAL EMAIL. It did not originate at Hackensack Meridian Health Network.

There is also our database/journal contracts to consider. Many of them clearly state that access is available to hospital employees only.

And let's not forget there is a difference between hospital libraries, which are private (as many of my colleagues have already stated) and public libraries whose mission is to serve the PUBLIC.

Katherine Stemmer Frumento
Director, Library Services

Greenwich Hospital
5 Perryridge Rd.
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203) 863-3285
mailto:[log in to unmask]

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.GreenwichHospital.org&d=DwIDAg&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=G_pBrO1VfiHRg2Jx3pWwPuLH6-2NiepkY9XmjGjsuTo&s=1CVKmUWZdKegpINST7aAu4zK6JtesYZSygxw7LFS_8U&e=

Please consider the environment
before printing this email.

This message was secured by ZixCorp(R).