Hello,
A patron is looking for information regarding long term effects or damage caused by heelsticks – specifically difficulty walking, tendon shortening, etc.

So far, all I’ve been able to find is information related to pain measurement and heelsticks, as well as a few case studies on heelsticks and calcinosis.

There doesn’t seem to be a whole lot out there, but I feel like I’m overlooking an important keyword/MeSH term.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Andrea Fawcett, MLIS
Reference Librarian, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
T 312.227.4707 | F 312.227.9707 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>| luriechildrens.org<http://www.luriechildrens.org/>
225 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611-2605
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/luriechildrens> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/luriechildrens> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/luriechildrens>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

DesignTemplate2

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  (LCHOC VER 1.0)