For a long time we gave the teachers choice.. what ended up happening was
every time we cycled a teacher out of a room, there was a new choice.
Every 2-3 years we were swapping jacks or running new lines (older
buildings = less flexible infrastructure).  This happened with phones,
projectors, SmartBoards.....

When we put a new phone system in a couple of years ago we put them by the
door, no questions asked.  If the room changed purpose (became an office
suite, for example) then we allowed that to change.  It saved a lot of work.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good afternoon.
>
> Four of our schools are performing a migration to VOIP telephone systems.
> One item that is being discussed is telephone placement within classrooms.
>
> What works?  What doesn't?  Do others use systematic placement in the
> classroom (Elementary level)?  If so, why?  Leave it up to the Teacher?  By
> the door?
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Keith
>

> --
> Keith Puffer
> Technology Coordinator
> Washington West Supervisory Union
> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
> Waitsfield, VT 05673
> 802-496-5486
> Fax: 802-496-6515
> GoogleVoice: 802-870-0630
> https://wwsuvalley.on.spiceworks.com/portal
> <https://wwsuvalley.on.spiceworks.com/portal?_ga=1.58522082.973774531.1464180008>

Melissa Hayden-Raley
Technology Supervisor
Milton Town School District
www.mtsd-vt.org
*NEW* >> Book an appointment online with IT
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UU9QVW5GZjJ4Z01afGRlZmF1bHR8Mjc3OGZkNjBkMzNlYThlMmQxZDEyOWZkMGNjMDlmOTg>

--

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
isfor the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain