The auto update of Flash within the Chrome browser/OS had fixed much of the
Flash version/availability, especially using Chromebooks.  However, we
still see some sites that don't work well, especially on Macs running the
browser.  The default in the Flash environment within Chrome seems to be to
ask the site to run Flash.  Sometimes that ask/response doesn't work.
Other times a little nudge is needed.

I have found that using instructions found at
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-chrome.html
can get most sites to work.  I generally use the manage list instead of
allow all.

Hope that helps someone...

Keith

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Craig Donnan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yep fair number of chromeboxes here at CCSU mostly for labs.  Works well
> at elementary level.
>
> Flash blockages lack of alternate browser can limit access to some sites.
>
> Easy to manage of course.
>
> Google cloud printing can be touch and go with server service restart etc.
>
> Craig
>

> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Happy Spring (finally!).
>>
>> Was wondering if any of you are using Chromebox for computer lab desktops.
>>
>> If so:
>>
>>    - Any gotchas?
>>    - How are you handling log ins?
>>       - Guest account?
>>       - Everyone using their assigned domain accounts?
>>
>> We are looking to replace an aging iMac lab.  Options that are being
>> floated are MacMini, Chromebox or maybe even Linux/Ubuntu (but that is not
>> high on the list at this point - not looking to add another OS).  The
>> school is about 50/50 Mac/Chromebook.
>>
>> Suggestions and thoughts?
>>
>> Cheers and see you next week at Dynamic Landscapes 2017
>> <http://dynamiclandscapes.vita-learn.org/>!!
>>
>> Keith
>>
>> --
>> Keith Puffer
>> Technology Coordinator
>> Washington West Supervisory Union
>> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
>> Waitsfield, VT 05673
>> 802-496-5486 <(802)%20496-5486>
>> Fax: 802-496-6515 <(802)%20496-6515>
>> GoogleVoice: 802-870-0630 <(802)%20870-0630>
>> https://wwsuvalley.on.spiceworks.com/portal
>> <https://wwsuvalley.on.spiceworks.com/portal?_ga=1.58522082.973774531.1464180008>

> --
> Craig Donnan
> Network Administrator
> Chittenden Central Supervisory Union
> Essex High School
> p. (802) 857-7000 x.1030 <(802)%20857-7000>
>
> *If you need immediate assistance please contact *
> *our helpdesk at *802-857-7000 ext 1234 or *[log in to unmask]*
>
> *For Technology News click here
> <http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>.*
>
> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.
>
> The information contained in this communication, including
> any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
> communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
> This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from
> the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
> by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
> Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized
> use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192
> or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.
> Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise
> the confidential nature of the communication.

> [...]
Fax: 802-496-6515
GoogleVoice: 802-870-0630